Hey everyone, it’s Clark, I hope you are having an amazing day. Today I will show you how to make a distinctive dish, Golden Split Pea Soup. This is one of my favourite food recipe, this time i will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Golden Split Pea Soup Recipe.
You can have Golden Split Pea Soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Golden Split Pea Soup
- Make ready 2 1/2 cups of split peas.
- You need of Water to cover peas after rinsing.
- It’s 1/2 lb of Bacon (about 6 slices).
- Prepare 4 of carrots sliced.
- It’s 1/2 of white onion diced.
- Take 3 of large ribs celery sliced.
- Take 1 of large ham shank or multiple smaller ones which I used here.
- Prepare of Fresh ground black pepper.
- Make ready 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves sliced.
- Make ready 2 cups of chicken broth.
Golden Split Pea Soup instructions
- Chop and fry bacon until crispy, pour off most bacon fat.
- Deglaze pan using chicken stock.
- Add all chopped veggies herbs and pepper, cook until aromatic.
- Add peas, water and chicken broth, stir..
- Add ham shank and bring everything to a boil and skim off the foam.
- Cover and cook on low at least 3-4 hours until meat falls off the bone removing bones and skin from shank out of soup and the peas are tender. Do not add additional salt during cooking, the bacon and ham shanks with the broth have plenty, just season with black pepper to taste..
- You can adjust thickness of soup by adding water during the cooking process and adjust seasonings to taste, if you want to add more salt I would add it to your bowl instead of the pot, so it's not too salty..