Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page. Today I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, Keema Cottage Pie. This is one of my favourite food recipe, this time i’am gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna really delicious.
Keema Cottage Pie Recipe.
You can cook Keema Cottage Pie using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Keema Cottage Pie
- You need of For the potato topping:.
- It’s 530 g of potatoes, par boiled until fork tender,.
- It’s 1 knob of butter,.
- Take 1 dash of whole milk,.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried coriander leaf, or a handful fresh corriander,.
- Take 1 clove of garlic, crushed,.
- It’s of Salt and white pepper to season.
- Take of For the keema pie filling:.
- It’s 200 g of beef mince, (I used 12% fat frozen for better texture),.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped,.
- It’s 100 g of finely chopped carrot,.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, crushed,.
- It’s 2 handfuls of peas,.
- It’s 1 tbsp of malt vinegar,.
- It’s 2 of heaped tsp medium curry powder,.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of tumeric,.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground ginger,.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of red chilli flakes, or to taste,.
- Make ready 1 tsp of dried corriander leaf,.
- Prepare 1 of beef stock cube,.
- You need 1 of level tsp sugar, or sugar replacement,.
- Prepare of Salt and white pepper to season,.
- You need of Cooking oil or ghee for frying.
- It’s 1.5 pints of water (this may vary, see recipe).
Keema Cottage Pie instructions
- Add the cooking oil to a medium saucepan and bring up to heat. Add in the onions and malt vinegar. Gently fry for a few minutes until they begin to soften then add in the diced carrots and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the ground ginger, curry powder, corriander leaf, red chilli flakes and tumeric. Stir through and fry off the spices for a few seconds..
- Add the beef mince. Fry for a couple of minutes then crumble in the beef stock and add the sugar. Stir everything together. Once the beef is browned pour in enough water to cover all the ingredients by about 1cm and bring to a simmer. Add a lid to the saucepan..
- Prepare the mash potatoes by adding the milk, crushed garlic, corriander leaf and butter to a large saucepan. Heat until the butter melts and stir through the milk. Add in the par boiled potatoes and using a potato masher mash until no lumps remain. Remove from the heat then blend further using a wooden spoon. Season to taste with salt and pepper..
- Preheat the oven to 180 (fan). Check on the keema curry. Once thickened and reduced down remove from the heat. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes then ladel into an oven proof dish. Spoon over the mashed potatoes. Smooth neatly over and right up to all edges so there's no gaps..
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the top is light and golden and a thin crust had formed. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes then eat and enjoy! :).