Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site. Today I’m gonna show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, pot roast & homemade mashed potatoes. It is one of my favourite food recipe, this time i will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
pot roast & homemade mashed potatoes Recipe. Pot roasts typically use the tougher cuts of beef—a chuck roast or shoulder roast—which have the most flavor. For pot roasts, and other slow cooked tough meats, fat is your friend!
You can have pot roast & homemade mashed potatoes using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of pot roast & homemade mashed potatoes
- Prepare 4 lb of beef roast.
- Make ready 1 of onion.
- You need 1 bag of of carrots.
- It’s 1 packages of whole mushrooms.
- Take 6 small of corn on cobb.
- It’s 1 bag of idaho potatoes.
- Take 4 tbsp of butter.
- Make ready 1 cup of flour.
- You need 2 of celery stalks..
- Prepare 2 packages of brown gravy mix.
- Make ready 4 tbsp of oil.
- Make ready 1 of tonys seasoning.
- Take 1 of salt &pepper.
- It’s 1 of garlic & onion powder.
- Take 2 1/2 cup of water.
Thanks to Turo for sponsoring this video!Pot roast was a one-pot wonder long before that was a term for homey dishes that are both inexpensive and require little hands-on cooking.This dish has long been the Sunday night dinner that.Classic Sunday Pot Roast is an easy to make comfort food that is hearty, filling, and can easily feed the whole family.
pot roast & homemade mashed potatoes step by step
- season roast with salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and tonys. I recommend Worcester sauce too. set aside..
- take the oil and about a teaspoon of each seasoning in the oil mix well. in a big bowl add all vegtables, except potatoes. mix oil mixture all over vegtables mix well with your hands..
- cut the onion in quarters. cut celery in half. in a big pot throw all vegtables together and put roast over them. arrange some vegetables on side. put onion and celery on top cover tightly with foil. put in refrigerator for a hour.( I recommend it be refrigerated over night. ).
- heat oven to 325 and while oven heats pull roast out refrigerator. heat up butter in a pan medium heat. cover roast with flour and brown for about two minutes on both sides. this is what helps set a good gravy..
- when its all browned put back in the pot with the vegtables add the dry seasoning packages on top of roast and vegtables, add 2 1/2 cups of hot water kinda mix in the clumps but they will cook out. cover tightly and cook 30 minutes at 325..
- after 30 minutes, drop down to 300 and cook for 5 and 1/2 hours..
- while that's cooking start a big pot of water boiling. cut, clean and add potatoes to pot. and boil about thirty minutes or until potatoes are soft. drain potatoes smush, add butter, salt, and pepper to your liking. and enjoy.
It's mouthwateringly good, yet simple to make, especially if you use a slow cooker.Make it unique with beer, cranberries or wine!One of the best bang-for-buck meals of all time.
This recipe will work for a classic oven braise as well as in a slow cooker or Instant.Pot roast is a classic comfort food and the ultimate way to feed a crowd.Simply add all the ingredients to a slow cooker or Crock Pot, and you'll have dinner ready when you get home from work.Slow Cooker Pot Roast is the ultimate comfort food!It's a super hearty, deliciously flavorful meal in one that's sure to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters.