Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page. Today I will show you how to prepare a special dish, Jalapeño Popper Soup. It is one of my favourite food recipe, this time i will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Jalapeño Popper Soup Recipe.
You can cook Jalapeño Popper Soup using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jalapeño Popper Soup
- Make ready 3 of large chicken breasts, cut into bite size chunks.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Take 4 of jalapeños, chopped (remove seeds for not so hot, leave seeds in if you like the heat).
- It’s 2 cans of great northern beans, drained.
- Take 1 can of corn, drained.
- It’s 1 can of petite diced tomatoes.
- It’s 4 cups of chicken stock.
- Make ready 1 pkg of cream cheese.
- Take 1 tsp. of cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp. of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of red pepper (less if you dont want so much heat).
- Make ready 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare of Optional toppings for serving: shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, sour cream, bacon.
Jalapeño Popper Soup instructions
- Place chicken chunks in a large pot with a little bit of vegetable oil and add all seasonings; saute on medium high heat..
- Once chicken is half way cooked (still see some pink), add in red bell pepper, onion and jalapeño..
- Continue to saute until chicken is thoroughly cooked..
- Add in the chicken stock, corn, northern beans and tomatoes and simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes..
- Add in the cream cheese in chunks and continue to simmer until cream cheese is completely melted and blended in. Serve with toppings of choice. Enjoy!.