Hey everyone, it’s Clark, welcome to our recipe page. Today I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, Roasted Pumpkin Soup. It is one of my favourite food recipe, this time i’am gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna really delicious.
Roasted Pumpkin Soup Recipe.
You can have Roasted Pumpkin Soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- Make ready 1 of pumpkin or butternut squash (about 1.5kg) cut into chunks and deseeded.
- You need 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Make ready 2 of onions, chopped.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, peeled and chopped.
- Take 1 of red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped.
- Prepare 400 g of can of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 litre of chicken or vegetable stock.
- Prepare handful of sweetcorn, fresh, frozen or tinned.
- You need of sea salt and black pepper.
- Prepare of To garnish:.
- Make ready of tortilla chips, crushed.
- You need of mature Cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 of ripe avocado, peeled, diced and tossed with lime or lemon juice.
- Make ready of fresh coriander or parsley.
Roasted Pumpkin Soup step by step
- Place the slices of deseeded pumpkin in a large roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a preheated oven 180°/Gas 4 and roast for about 40 minutes until the flesh is soft and slightly caramelized..
- Meanwhile heat the rest of the olive oil in a large pan, add the onions and cook for 20 minutes, until tender. Stir in the paprika, garlic and chilli and cook for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and stock. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the onions are completely soft..
- When the pumpkin is cool enough to handle, remove the skin and chop the flesh into chunks. You can retain the skin if you wish, if it's as tender as the flesh..
- Add the pumpkin to the soup, and blitz with a hand held blender or in a food processor. Check for seasoning. Add the sweetcorn and bring back to a slow simmer..
- Now prepare the garnish. Chop the avocado and squeeze the lemon over the top, grate the cheese and mix it with crushed tortilla chips. Chop the parsley. Ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle over the toppings..