Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day. Today I will show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, Eggplant Parmesan. This is one of my favourite food recipe, this time i will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Eggplant Parmesan Recipe. Eggplant slices are dipped in egg and bread crumbs and then baked, instead of fried. The slices are layered with spaghetti sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
You can cook Eggplant Parmesan using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggplant Parmesan
- Take of EGGPLANT THE :.
- Prepare 2 1/2 inchs of Eggplants : medium cut into thick rounds.
- It’s 1/2 cup of All Purpose floor :.
- Make ready 4 of Eggs :.
- You need of pepper Freshly ground.
- You need 3 tbsps of Milk Whole :.
- Prepare 4 cups of Breadcrumbs :.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Oregano Dried :.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Thyme leaves :.
- Take 2 cups of Cheese parmesan provolone cheese : Shredded amounts of , grated about.
- Make ready of Oil for frying.
- It’s of SAUCE THE :.
- Make ready 3 of Onions : medium , cut into thin slices.
- It’s 3 cans of Tomatoes Whole :.
- Take : 6 cloves of Garlic minced fine.
- It’s of Salt for seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of Red pepper flakes -.
- Prepare of Oil.
Growing up, my mom's eggplant Parmesan recipe was one of my favorite things to eat.This Baked Eggplant Parmesan recipe is lightened up a bit with baked (instead of fried) panko-crusted roasted eggplant, and layered up with a zesty combination of marinara, cheeses and fresh herbs.Their eggplant Parmesan inspired the eggplant lasagna in my cookbook, which includes long strips of roasted eggplant layered between the noodles and marinara.Have you had the chance to try that one?
Eggplant Parmesan step by step
- Begin by making the sauce. Saute the onion and garlic in the oil and season it with salt and red pepper flakees. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Next add the canned tomatoes. With a wooden spoon break the whole tomatoes if any and continue to cook for another 10-15mins on medium heat.
- Season more if needed and let it cook for a few minutes and remove from the heat.
- With the sauce done, its time to get the eggplant prepped.
- Put the floor in a bowl and season it with salt and pepper. In another whisk the eggs and the milk and season it with salt and pepper.
- In a third bowl, combine the breadcrumbs along with the thyme, oregano and the salt and pepper. Dip each eggplant in the flour, shaking off any excess, next it goes into the egg mixture,.
- Finally dip it in the breadcrumbs making sure both sides are well coated. Repeat with all the eggplant slices.
- Pour enough oil in a large fry pan, and cook the egglant slices until they are golden brown on either sides. Drain the eggplant slices on paper towels.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spoon 1/4 of the tomato sauce in a 9 by 13 baking dish. Top with a layer of the eggplant slices, its ok if the eggplant slices overlap. Sprinkle the cheese mixture on top. Spoon some more sauce and repeat it with.
- The eggplant slices and more cheese. Repeat if there are more eggplant slices, and the top layer needs to have enough cheese.
- Bake for 40mins until the cheese is bubbly. Serve hot!.
There is something about the dish that feels like it's giving you a giant hug.Growing up, I was not a huge fan of eggplant.This baked eggplant parmesan recipe will become one of your family favorites!
FULL RECIPE BELOW Great for a vegetarian option for a dinner party, family gathering or weeknight dinner, Eggplant Parmesan has all the right ingredients to.This easy eggplant parmesan recipe is not only delicious, but also healthy.Make baked eggplant parmesan instead of lasagna to skip the unnecessary carbs and still enjoy all the cheesy goodness.One bite of Eggplant Parmesan and you'll be sold.To make legit eggplant parm, you'll need to fry eggplant.