Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site. Today I will show you a way to make a special dish, Spicy Eggplant Pasta. This is one of my favourite food recipe, this time i will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna really delicious.
Spicy Eggplant Pasta Recipe. Spicy Eggplant Pasta. by: Gena Hamshaw. This pasta showcases all of eggplant's most magical properties.
You can have Spicy Eggplant Pasta using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Eggplant Pasta
- Prepare 2 of medium eggplants.
- Make ready of Salt.
- Take 3 tbs of olive oil, divided.
- Make ready of Freshly ground black pepper.
- Take 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 cups of chopped plum tomatoes or one 14 oz can crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tbs of fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp dry oregano.
- Take 2 tsp of red pepper flakes, plus extra for finishing.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of fresh, chopped basil, plus extra for finishing.
- Prepare 1 lb of linguine pasta.
- You need of Parmesan cheese to top.
Spicy Eggplant and Sausage Zucchini Pasta.While the eggplant is roasting, slice your zucchinis halfway lengthwise, careful not to pierce farther than the center.In small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, scallion, garlic, red pepper flakes and salt.This pasta dish is filled with satisfying flavor and can.
Spicy Eggplant Pasta instructions
- Cut the eggplants crosswise, into 1 inch thick slices. Lay the slices on a baking sheet, salt them well on both sides, and set aside for half an hour or so.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly coat two tablespoons of olive oil over the eggplant, tossing the slices to coat them. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Arrange them in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast them until they're tender and browning, about 20 minutes..
- While the eggplant roasts, heat remaining tablespoon of the olive oil on low heat in a large saucepan. Add the onions and the minced garlic and sauté them until onions are soft (8 to 10 minutes). Add the tomatoes, oregano, pepper flakes, and basil. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, till the sauce has thickened up, about 10 to 12 minutes. When the eggplant is ready, remove it from the oven, chop it into 1 inch pieces, and add it to the sauce. Continue to simmer gently on very low heat..
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain the pasta and gently fold in the sauce. Top the pasta with additional chopped basil and red pepper flakes to taste. Serve..
Spicy Eggplant Pasta is a wonderful meatless pasta that is hearty enough to stand up to a cozy night in on a cool fall evening.This is essentially Pasta alla Norma, a traditional Sicilian pasta dish.This is very simple eggplant Pure vegetarian pasta can easily prepare at home, also the ingredients are easily available at home: A simple yummy and quick.
Add eggplant, cumin, coriander, turmeric, salt and pepper to taste.The eggplant is julienned then tossed with a spicy Asian style marinade before it's cooked down into soft noodles.Eggplant Caponata Pasta Lemony Spaghetti with Peas and Ricotta Eggplant puttanesca is a perfect blend of tender eggplant, spicy red pepper flakes and salty olives This is a warm and cozy eggplant pasta meal with a rustic feel that I love.Yes, this recipe is literally eggplant parm plus pasta, with a dash of simple genius.Eggplant was probably the star of my summer meals this year.