Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page. Today I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, Beef and onion stew. This is one of my favourite food recipe, this time i will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Beef and onion stew Recipe. The key to this recipe is the long cooking time, which brings together the tastes of the beef, onions, garlic, bay leaf, and rosemary. (I'm told that by adjusting the amount of water, this works well in a slow cooker or crock pot - see note below the recipe.) Beef, onion, carrots, potatoes and red wine come together in cozy harmony. Try this Beef and Onion Stew recipe, or contribute your own.
You can have Beef and onion stew using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef and onion stew
- It’s 750 g of chuck blade, trimmed and cut into 2 in cubes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 4 of large onions, sliced.
- It’s 3/4 cup of brandy.
- You need 2 cups of beef stock.
- You need 3 of waxy white potatoes, cut into 1 in cubes.
- You need 1/2 lb of button mushrooms, sliced about 1/4 in thick.
- Take 10 sprigs of thyme, tied together with kitchen string.
- Make ready 1 of carrot, peeled and sliced about 1/4 in thick.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
Then, slice as thinly as possible.Set aside. beef stew, sliced mushrooms, chopped onion, beef stew, dry red wine.Beef StewAlaska From Scratch. beef stew, beef, onion, rosemary, red potatoes.Known across the United States as Goulash, Pörkölt is a Hungarian Beef and Onion Stew seasoned generously with paprika.
Beef and onion stew instructions
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large pot on high heat. Season the meat with salt and pepper and add it to the pot. Fry the beef until it's evenly browned..
- Add enough cold water to the pot to cover the meat. Put on the lid and reduce the heat to medium-low. Let simmer for 2 hours until the beef is tender. Add additional water as needed during cooking to keep the beef submerged..
- Carefully transfer the meat and cooking liquid into a large bowl. Add the butter to the pot and put it back on the stove on high heat. Add the onions and fry them until they're a deep, dark brown. Watch that they don't burn and scorch the bottom of the pot. Add the brandy to the pot and deglaze 2 minutes or so until most of the brandy has cooked off..
- Skim the oil from the top of the beef cooking liquid, then pour the liquid into the pot of caramelized onions. Add the stock, potatoes, mushrooms and thyme. Cover and turn the heat down to medium. Simmer 15 minutes or until the potatoes are about halfway cooked. Add the carrots. Simmer another 15 minutes until the potatoes are cooked and the carrots are tender but not mushy..
- Fish the thyme from the pot. Make a slurry with the cornstarch and 1/4 cup water. Whisk it into the stew. Let simmer 5 minutes uncovered then serve with a big loaf of bread..
Preferably, the leftover beef will be from a pot-au-few that has been tenderized by long poaching, but roast beef can work as well.It will just need more baking time.Make sure the beef is chilled for easy slicing.
Tender beef that melts in your mouth in a deep and rich sauce, this is the perfect project for a chilly weekend!As soon as I heard we were getting a snow storm.Coming back to the stew itself.It freezes well, so you can eat some and freeze a batch for quick midweek meal.First toss the beef in flour and seasoning, sear on the sear setting.