Hey everyone, it’s Clark, welcome to my recipe site. Today I will show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, Butternut Squash and Kale Fusilli Pasta with Ricotta and topped with Fried Sage and Parmesan. This is one of my favourite food recipe, this time i’am gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna really delicious.
Butternut Squash and Kale Fusilli Pasta with Ricotta and topped with Fried Sage and Parmesan Recipe.
You can have Butternut Squash and Kale Fusilli Pasta with Ricotta and topped with Fried Sage and Parmesan using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash and Kale Fusilli Pasta with Ricotta and topped with Fried Sage and Parmesan
- Make ready 6 cup of water, divided.
- Make ready 1 each of small butternut squash, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- Make ready 1 of Kosher salt to taste.
- Make ready 1 of Black pepper to taste.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of fusilli pasta.
- Take 4 cup of kale, washed and roughly chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of pasta water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of whole-milk ricotta cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Make ready 5 each of sage leaves, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 oz of Parmesan, shaved.
Butternut Squash and Kale Fusilli Pasta with Ricotta and topped with Fried Sage and Parmesan step by step
- In a medium-large saucepot over medium-high heat, add 4 cups of water. While waiting for water to boil, place a large sauté pan over high heat and add squash, 2 cups water and half of the olive oil. Cook the squash for 10-12 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper, remove the squash from the pan and reserve..
- When the water comes to boil, add pasta while stirring, and cook over high heat for 6-8 minutes or until tender. About 30 seconds before the pasta is cooked through, add the kale to the pot, and submerge the greens in the water to wilt. Before draining, remove 2 tablespoons of pasta cooking water and reserve. Drain the pasta and kale in a colander and reserve..
- In a large kitchen mixing bowl, add ricotta, crushed red pepper flakes, reserved pasta water and butter. Stir to combine and reserve..
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add remaining olive oil, then add sage. Cook for 1-2 minutes, remove from pan with a slotted kitchen spoon, and season with a pinch of salt. Over medium heat in the same pan, combine the pasta, kale and squash and incorporate while stirring. Cook just long enough to warm. Remove from heat and add mixture to the mixing bowl of cheese. Stir to combine all ingredients..
- Divide the pasta between two plates, then top with fried sage and Parmesan. Enjoy!.