Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site. Today I will show you how to make a special dish, Broccoli and Apple Salad with a Honey Poppyseed Dressing. It is one of my favourite food recipe, this time i will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna really delicious.
Broccoli and Apple Salad with a Honey Poppyseed Dressing Recipe. A superfood broccoli salad packed with nutrition! You've got tender broccoli florets, tons of cranberries, nuts, and seeds all drizzled with the most addicting creamy poppy seed dressing!
You can cook Broccoli and Apple Salad with a Honey Poppyseed Dressing using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Broccoli and Apple Salad with a Honey Poppyseed Dressing
- You need 2 of medium heads of broccoli.
- Make ready 1 of apple, cored and diced.
- Make ready 1 of large carrot, peeled and grated.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of roughly chopped pecans.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of pepitas (or sunflower seeds).
- It’s 1/2 cup of dried cranberries.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mayo.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt).
- Take 2 tbsp. of freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of honey (or more to taste).
- Prepare 2 tsp. of poppy seeds.
- You need pinch of salt.
You can make this a main dish salad by adding cooked chicken.Combine dressing ingredients and mix thoroughly.Toss dressing with salad just before serving.Broccoli Apple Salad Recipe loaded with crisp apples, walnuts and creamy lemon dressing.
Broccoli and Apple Salad with a Honey Poppyseed Dressing instructions
- Start by soaking your diced apples in a mix of 1 cup water and 1 tbsp. lemon juice for 5 minutes. This will help prevent them from browning. Then drain them and place them in a large bowl..
- For the broccoli, you want to trim off the florets into small, bite sized pieces. Place them in the bowl with the apples, the grated carrot, the dried cranberries, walnuts and pepitas (or sunflower seeds). Toss it all together..
- Next, make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, sour cream (or yogurt), the remaining 1 tbsp. of lemon juice, honey, poppy seeds and salt. Taste and add either more lemon juice or more honey, to suit your taste..
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and toss well to incorporate the dressing onto everything..
- Chill for 2-3 hours before serving and refrigerate any leftovers. This will stay good for 2-3 days..
Easy to make, great for lunch or parties and makes excellent leftovers!Healthy apple broccoli salad with chickpeas, dried cherries, carrots, pecans and fresh herbs.The dressing recipe makes enough for two good-sized salads.
Apple Broccoli Salad has been a family favorite for years.Fresh Broccoli and Apple Salad with Walnuts.This is the best Broccoli Salad!With a creamy homemade dressing, crisp broccoli, crunchy apple, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries.In a bowl, whisk together plain Greek yogurt, honey, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and poppy seeds.