Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site. Today I’m gonna show you a way to make a special dish, Taisen's crab stuffed mushrooms. This is one of my favourite food recipe, this time i’am gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna really delicious.
Taisen's crab stuffed mushrooms Recipe. When cleaning mushrooms, don't run them under water. They are like little sponges, and will absorb it; just wipe them clean with a damp towel.
You can have Taisen's crab stuffed mushrooms using 10 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Taisen's crab stuffed mushrooms
- It’s 1-2 of fresh crab meat, canned, or plastic tub (depending on how much you want and how many mushrooms) lump crab meat, special crab meat or claw. you can also use fresh steamed crab meat.
- You need 1 packages of to 2 of fresh Portobello mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of butter (you want to give the mushrooms a bit of a butter flavor, with the seasonings.).
- It’s 1 of old bay.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
- You need 1 of garlic. powder or fresh.
- Make ready 1 of regular mustard or Dijon (you don't want a lot of this, just a small amount).
- Prepare 1 of mayonnaise (you want to use just enough to have a nice consistently. Don't over do it. Add a little at a time).
- You need 1 of onion diced if you prefer (you don't need a full onion).
- Prepare 1 of celery diced (you don't need much).
Crab Stuffed mushrooms are really easy to make!Use a damp paper towel to clean the outside of the mushrooms.Place mushroom caps in prepared pan.Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect easy appetizer to serve at your next party.
Taisen's crab stuffed mushrooms step by step
- Open the crab meat. go through it to check for shells if you bought pre picked lump crab. if you are using fresh steamed crab pick through. put crab meat into a bowl and set aside in the fridge covered.
- Dice onion, garlic if using fresh and celery if your using these..
- Cut out the stems of the mushrooms. you can also chop the stems finely to add into the crab meat if you like..
- Rinse or just clean the mushrooms. some people like to wipe them but I rinse clean.
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Heat a frying pan with butter pepper old bay and garlic. eyeball it. don't add to much spice unless you want these spicy as you will be adding additional spice later.
- Put the mushroom caps in the frying pan. saute them for about 10 to 20 minutes. turning them over a few times. you want some of the flavors to get into the mushrooms. you can cook longer or shorter if you like.
- Pull out mushrooms and set on a plate. reserve liquid from the frying pan.
- Pull out crab meat and anything else you are adding into the mix..
- Add mayonnaise mustard and spices into the crab meat. mix well. don't make it to runny. you want this thick.
- Scoop crab mix into each mushroom cap. I usually add in the left over butter and garlic from the frying pan, but I didn't have much left so I added butter. You can use something else instead of butter..
- Get a casserole dish or a tin pan..
- Add the reserved liquid to the bottom of the pan. place mushrooms on top of liquid..
- Sprinkle old bay on top. bake covered for 15 to 25 minutes.
- Pull out the caps and remove foil. bake for additional time depending on your taste. I like mine to be a bit brown on top. I just watch them constantly to keep them from burning.
- Serve and enjoy.
They are easy to prepare and delicious for your holiday entertaining.Crab Stuffed Mushrooms We used baby portobello mushrooms.We used the stems from the mushrooms as part of our stuffing mixture.
They are simple to make, but impressive enough to serve guests.Can stuffed mushrooms be made ahead of time?Crab-stuffed mushrooms are very easy to prepare and bake for a party.Your guests and family will love them.Crabmeat and bread crumbs make up a simple and very tasty stuffing for mushrooms.